Wednesday, November 19, 2008

And he's off........

So as everyone knows, Fearless Boy loves his bike! He rides it as fast as he can anywhere. The Hub has been asking to take the training wheels off for a bit. FB declines this politely by yelling "No way! Then I can't do tricks anymore". A few days ago when I walked up to the babysitter's front door to collect the FB, I noticed that his bike wasn't parked in his usual spot by the front door. No, it was laying down-and missing something very important-THE TRAINING WHEELS. When FB came to the door-he proudly announced that they took off his training wheels and he can ride on the grass. Babysitter's Boy helped FB on the bike, gave a small push and off he went! I applauded and cheered as was expected, but all the while freaking out inside. He's too little!!! The Diva-in-Training just learned to ride without training wheels last year at the great age of 6. FB is 3-this is not okay.

The next day he headed to the local airport to do his customary airport security shift (it is really Hub's job, but the FB thinks he is a cop too). The bike came along and he took off and showed his Dad how awesome he was. The Hub texted me a picture of this fun. I immediately texted back-"NO WHEELIES!!!" (I may have had a few more of the exclamation points.) Hub told FB this order from Mom. He was obedient, but that didn't mean he was happy about it. The FB continued to circle the airport a few times. He finally stopped in front of his Dad and said "I am so pissed!" The Hub stifled a giggle and asked why. FB replied "Because Mom said no wheelies." Then he continued on. A bit later he stopped again and said again "I am pissed." This time it was about some boy at Chik-fil-a that didn't believe that he was a cop. (There will be an entry on this delusion later-when the Hub will download the pictures.)

As for the lovely language from my sweet little boy-I have no idea where he picked it up. SERIOUSLY!! As my boss said when the story was told at work-it's too mild to have been picked up from his mom! That is not entirely true. I do use "sentence enhancers" (too much Spongebob!!!) but try to be careful around the kids. D-i-T lectures me when I say bad words. She didn't repeat a whole lot when she was little. Fearless Boy on the other hand repeats them all! In the correct context. Reminds me of Calvin who was very good at doing the same at that age! We have explained that 'pissed off' is not a good thing for a little boy to say. It hasn't happened again-but who knows. Honestly-I know it's wrong, but secretly I just giggle every time he uses a sentence enhancer. I don't let him see though!

3 comments:

Dave and Dena said...

Too funny

MotocrossMom AKA Autumn H. said...

You need to update your blog! I love reading about the antics of your fearless kids. I have such cute pics of B from Jill's house. He is posing with his gun & badge. Once I am back on my other computer, I will send them to you.

MotocrossMom AKA Autumn H. said...

Oh yeah, so email me your current email address - I think the one I have is an old one.
Autumn